Scouting and Guiding in Canada
WOSM member associations
Canada is the only country that has more than one WOSM member association without a national federation. Scouts Canada and Association des Scouts du Canada send a joint delegation to meetings of the World Organization of the Scout Movement. This is coordinated through the Committee on Cooperation.
Affiliated to Scouts Canada are the Salvation Army Life Saving Scouts.
WAGGGS member association
UIGSE member associations
There is one association affiliated to the UIGSE, with groups in Toronto and Ottawa:
WFIS member associations
Canada has several associations which trace their roots to the Baden-Powell Scouts in the United Kingdom. They form the Baden-Powell Service Association Federation of Canada, which is a member of the World Federation of Independent Scouts.
Members of the B-PSA Federation of Canada are:
- BPSA - British Columbia
- BPSA — Manitoba
- BPSA — Newfoundland and Labrador
- BPSA — Nova Scotia
- BPSA Saskatchewan
- Canadian Independent Scouting Association
- Traditional Explorers Association Council of Ontario
There are also a number of independent Scouting associations active in Canada. Among them are
- Adventurer Association of Baden-Powell
- Association de Scoutisme d'Actions
- Plast - Ukrainian Youth Association of Canada
- Związek Harcerstwa Polskiego Canada (Polish Scouting Association in Canada Inc.), a Polish émigré organization, not connected to Związek Harcerstwa Polskiego in Poland.
- ZHR Polish Scouts of Canada