Scouting and Guiding in Jamaica
- The Girl Guides Association of Jamaica, member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- The Scout Association of Jamaica, member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement
- Girl Scouts of Jamaica, member of the Order of World Scouts
- Pathfinders (Seventh-day Adventist) and Adventurers
Scouting came to Jamaica in 1910, the first troop being started by the Anglican clergyman Rev. Joseph William Graham in St Ann. Scouting spread quickly and in 1912 the first scout troop in St Catherine was established in Spanish Town. Lord Robert Baden-Powell met his wife Olave Soames on his way to Jamaica in 1912. It was there that he proposed marriage to her at the Myrtle Bank Hotel.
It was at the home of the first Spanish Town Scoutmaster, Mr Fitz Herbert Messias, that the first group of girls met. On March 11, 1915, his daughter invited over friends to discuss beginning a Girl Scout Troop. Clare Messias wrote a letter, dated March 16, on behalf of the group asking Miss Daisy Jeffrey-Smith to be their troop leader. Miss Daisy agreed and regular meetings began. Miss Marguerite Aitken was her assistant. The group met at "Durham House", home of the Jeffrey-Smiths. These Girl Scouts were renamed Girl Guides when they received their warrant from Miss Agnes Baden-Powell.
This Spanish Town Scout troop was also responsible for the establishment of Cub Scouts in 1916. Brownie Guides began in 1917 and Ranger Guides in 1919.