ScoutWiki:Camp Fire (all)
This is one of the Camp Fire pages. We use them to discuss the technical issues, policies, and operations of Scout Wiki. The Camp Fire is divided into sections covering these different aspects, but if you can't decide which to use, try The Tent. Please sign and date your posts (by typing ~~~~ at the end).
The Camp Fire
Welcome to the Camp Fire, a 'forum' for discussions about ScoutWiki (SW). Gather round, huddle up, get out your Camping Blankets and join in. Oh and don't forget to sing campfire songs!
This set of pages is used to discuss the technical issues, policies, and operations of ScoutWiki. Please do not post in this section, but choose one of the three given sections to post in. When posting in a section, please sign and date your posts (by typing ~~~~ at the end).
What does everyone think of a weekly newsletter, detailing what went on during the week, and (possibly) big events at other languages, aswell as the IRC, forum etc, as not everyone uses them!
Help with setting up templates, categories & help documents
It appears that ScoutWIki is still in its early stages. If no-one has any objections, I'll dive in over the next few weeks and start working on some of the basic scaffolding for the wiki, such as templates, categories and help documents. -- Millsy 00:28, 27 March 2008 (EET)
- Hi Millsy, and welcome to the wiki!
- My name is Bluegoblin7 and I am the main (and only) english speaking (as a first language) admin on the wiki. I helped start this place from tatters! (As did Bduke (talk · contribs) and Ericblazek (talk · contribs) on the article side!)
- All of what you say is vitally important to the wiki, but for the time being I would like to concentrate on getting a community in place!
- Therefore, what I propose is that we work on getting all the categories linked up into a proper tree, making sure that all articles have cats, and also brining in templates and images from what we actually need. Once that is done, other temps can come next, with help being the last thing. As currently there are ~2 active users other than myself, and we all have wiki knowledge, it would be wasted, also with the fact that IP editing is disabled. If a user needs help then they can ask (they will be directed to do so via a MediaWiki message I am working on...)
- Also, we don't want helpt to be overly complicated like Wikipedia: short, sweet and simple. We have the Camp Fire, so all we need is a tutorial and help desk I reckon!
- If you have more qs, please ask me!
- BG7 11:35, 27 March 2008 (EET)
In the equipment section, (which i'm slowly trying to sort out), there are several pages for various equipment manufacturing companies. Do we really need them? They are not epecially relavent to scouting, so do they really each deserve their own page as is the case now, or would it be better to get rid of the pages, and redirect the links to the relavent wikipedia entries? Thanks, Starchaser-1 13:47, 01/06/08
- Hey Starchaser!
- Glad to see you getting involved! I'm BG7, the main admin here, so if you need help let me know!
- I would suggest that we merge them all into one page, with a brief summary of each company. That way it's still here. I don't particularly want to link to Wikipedia (redirects also won't work!) as users may not return!
- BG7 12:51, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
New main page
Ugly Frontpage + my advice
Can someone please simplify the front page? With the current format, constant new items are necessary to fill the front page. But no one seems to feel responsible for making them. I therefore think it is better to have a static front page. I saw someone else has made a good suggestion recently on Main_Page/Sandbox. You may use that one, or simply take an old version of 2007 for the front page (the one with the pictures on the right is a nice one, I think).
Regards, Sietske 18:54, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
I'm happy to announce that the Dutch language ScoutWiki now has its own embassy! You can find it on nl:Scoutpedia.nl:Ambassade. The main purpose is to have one central location where non-dutch speakers can place their comments on the Dutch scoutwiki, or ask questions to our (small but reasonably active) community.
Regards, Sietske 11:05, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
Major clean up
I have done a major clean up of this ScoutWiki. Feel free and write some more articles.--Egel 20:28, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
Edit Function Frequently Down
I hesitate to recommend the ScoutWiki to the scouting world as it seems the edit function is always disabled for the first half of the day. What's up with thatMainTour (talk) 21:44, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
Hi, my name is Kevin Graf I am a scouter that some of you might remember as a child camper. I was the one that had a Camporee at WAHIWA NAVCAMS Military Base above Whitmore Village it was held in the 80's. I was the one that was the Chairman. I did alot of other stuff that was for the Boy Scouts but that was one thing I know some of you would remember right off the top of your head. Al Sacia(think that might be spelling) was District Exec.. Okay the reason I am writing is because I lost my wallet ages ago and it had my Brotherhood Card in it and it is now lost to the ages and I was wondering if someone can help me get a replacement. Also if you would like to chat I would not mind that either. I am sure plenty of you who might read this know of me or have heard of the campout. I was in Scouts for many years, I have not been in it now for many years but I would like to get the card just for old time thoughts. If this gets through to someone in Aloha Distict you can contact me.