Duty to God Adventures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Duty to God Adventures - scouting activities that promote learning about Duty to God.
- Ten Commandments Hike - town center day hike to visit local churches.
- Religious Emblems Program - Title used for a number of religious scouting awards.
- Chaplain's Aide - Each scout troop, crew and ship should have a youth serving as Chaplain Aide to teach scouts about their duty to God and to promote scouting's Religious Emblems Program.
- Scout Sunday -
- Calendar of Religious Dates (BSA) -There are certain holidays that individual Scouts and Scouters of different faiths celebrate each year. These holidays are not always on the same date on the calendar and may not be familiar to everyone. In order to respect the traditions of all Scouts and Scouters, care must be taken in scheduling Scouting activities.
- Scouts' Own Inter-faith Worship Services - frequently held at weekend campouts.
- Genealogy Merit Badge Activity Planner - Religion in the home is highly influenced by one's family history. Discover how your family came to adopt it's current religious tradition. Includes interviews with grandparents and other family members.
- PRAYpub.org - Programs of Religious Activities for Youth - a Bible-based religious emblems program for Protestant and Independent Christian churches designed to bring children, youth, and families to Christ. Our program has impacted the lives of thousands of children nationwide.
- CCSBSA.org - Catholic Committee on Scouting - Delivering Catholic Youth Ministry Through Scouting Programs (Diocese of San Diego).
- A Scout is Reverent - In preparing young people for responsible citizenship, the BSA recognizes an obligation to God as well as the religious element in member training. This pamphlet is perfect for Scout Sunday, or any troop meeting where this Scout Law is being discussed.
- A Scout is Reverent - American based prayer links.