Religious Emblems Program
Religious Emblems Program helps a scout learn to be reverent and to learn his Duty to God. Each religious faith sets their own program standards. A Scout is reverent. He is reverent toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties and respects the convictions of others in matters of custom and religion.
To encourage members to grow stronger in their faith, religious groups have developed the following religious emblems programs. The Boy Scouts of America has approved of these programs and allows the emblems to be worn on the official uniform. The various religious groups administer the programs. Check with your local council service center or contact the religious organization directly to obtain the curriculum booklets.
For more information about Religious Emblems Programs …
- Duty to God Program Information
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions about Religious Emblems Programs
- Learn How to Get Started on these programs
- See our chart of Religious Emblems Programs
- Watch the Religious Emblems Coordinator informational video
- Additional resources available for the Religious Emblems Coordinator
- Contact your local council service center or the appropriate religious organization (contact information is provided on the chart.) Contact your or the appropriate religious organization (contact information is provided on the .)
- Duty to God (BSA National Award) - A Scout is reverent, and some adult volunteers go above and beyond to help Scouts on their spiritual journey. The National Duty to God Award, first presented in 2016 by Boy Scouts of America, recognizes adults who help young people better connect with their faith. The award is presented to up to four individuals each year.
- Duty to God for Scouting - Scouts have always shown reverence for a higher power. It’s in our Scout Oath and Scout Law. But soon, that Duty to God will be further incorporated into Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting. (Bryan on Scouting - 2014).
Religious Emblems by Faith
African Methodist Episcopal Church
- God and Me (AMEC) - Cub Scout
- God and Family (AMEC) - Webelos
- God and Church (AMEC) - Scouts BSA
- God and Life (AMEC) - Venturing BSA / Sea Scouts BSA
- God and Service Nomination (AMEC) - Adult Scouting
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- God and Me (AMEZC) - Cub Scout
- God and Family (AMEZC) - Webelos
- God and Church (AMEZC) - Scouts BSA
- God and Life (AMEZC) - Venturing BSA / Sea Scouts BSA
- God and Service Nomination (AMEZC) - Adult Scouting
Armenian Apostolic Church of America (Western Diocese)
- Saint Mesrob Award - Scouts and Venturing
Armenian Church of America (Eastern Diocese)
- Duty to God (Latter-day Saints) - Scouting related activity program of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- BSA Religious Awards Chart -
- https://scoutingmagazine.org/2017/11/13/scouts-guide-earning-religious-emblem/?fbclid=IwAR131C-iNHgGSgudGjeJ8Nhk5rbVTxb8rjriDQiohMooeQfenZgj-wcJuvo - A Scout's guide to earning and wearing religious emblems.