Hey ZeiP, Thanks for the welcome. The site looks great, and I love the world-wide approach. Are there any English Admins ? Also, thanks for deleting those templates... there were just too many layers of templates including other templates for me to make sense of. Ericblazek 02:02, 30 November 2007 (EET)
- I replied to the question already on our forums, but no, we don't have admins that are using the English ScoutWiki as their primary wiki. Naturally all of en. admins speak English, but their contribution time is limited because they're primarily contributing to other ScoutWikis. Therefore we're more than glad to welcome any new contributors here – please lure as many other scouts as you can find to ScoutWikis also ;-) The administrative work can be also done per-request, we should have resources for that on a relatively short response time. Just give me or some other active admin a request at our talk pages. We'll be granting local admin rights after some contributions etc. :-) --ZeiP 20:20, 2 December 2007 (EET)
Scout Wiki Logos/InterWikiLinks...
Im new here but want to make the place better for all. Firstly, i'm going to work on redesigning the main page (look at Main Page/Sandbox, and i just wondered a few things: a) do you have any help/policies yet? b) can i have admin rights to better do this job? (it will involve deleting pages) c) where can i find all the ScoutWiki logos? d) what are the interwikilink prefixes?
- a) We have almost no set policies yet. Also our help documentation is quite limited.
- b) You just did, congrats :-)
- c) I'd guess cedsib should have them. If you didn't yet receive them, I suggest you ask him.
- d) As in Wikipedia, it's the lang code (for example fi etc.) and for the poolwiki I think it was scoutmedia.
- --ZeiP 15:05, 6 January 2008 (EET)
Getting the wiki going...
I'm about to start on some wiki-starting jobs, namely help and some essential process, Request for Adminship being the first.
Also, i would like to edit some of the MediaWiki: namespace, but i'm not an admin - can i be sysopped up? (to be honest we really need some "local" and highly active admins if this wiki is to grow!
- Of course you can. I'll discuss the request with other ScoutWiki people and inform you of the results. --ZeiP 15:10, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- That was a short discussion – we granted the rights. --ZeiP 15:16, 19 September 2008 (UTC)