Sonoran Sunset District (Grand Canyon Council)
Pinnacle Peak District of the Grand Canyon Council - Boy Scouts of America proudly serving the youth of the Western council area in Arizona. Covers a large area including many west valley cities like Peoria, Surprise, Goodyear and Avondale. It also goes as far north as Wickenburg and Congress and nearly as far west as Quartzite.
District Roundtable meets on the 2nd Thursday each month at ___. Roundtable provides supplemental training for volunteers at the unit level. The objectives of roundtables are to provide leaders with program ideas, information on policy and events, training opportunities, and an enhanced network of contacts and other resources while also providing unit leaders with a voice in formulating direction at the district level. See also the Benefits of Scouting.
Visit the District Roundtable (above) to get more information about these and other scouting units in this area.
Cub Scout Packs
Cub Scouts holds weekly activities for youth ages 6-10. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Pack #||Charter Org||Status||Location||District||Notes|
|Pack 531||Adams Traditional Academy||Boys (K-5)||North Phoenix||Sonoran Sunset||an active pack of over 40 boys and their families, and we participate in many activities throughout the entire year. We serve families from North Phoenix, Deer Valley, Sonoran Foothills, Glendale, Happy Valley, Norterra, Desert Hills, Anthem, and the surrounding area.|
Boy Scout Troops
Boy Scouts- Weekly meetings / monthly outtings / annual summer adventure trips. Scouting builds life and leadership skills for boys ages 11-17. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Troop #||Charter Org||Status||Location||Notes|
|Troop 99||[VFW Centennial Post 2481]||Active||McKinleyville CA||Serving youth in McKinleyville CA since 1954.|
Venturing hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Exploring Posts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Sea Scouts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Ship #||Charter Org||Status||Location||District||Notes|
Rock of Ages
|Coed Ship||Lake Pleasant Camp||Annual Long Cruise - Join us…, live the adventure in, on, and under the water…!|
Grand Canyon Council (GCC) (local council #010) of the Boy Scouts of America operates this scouting district. It serves a large section of Arizona, with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. As of 2017 they serve over 15,000 youth members.
Wipala Wiki Lodge is the Order of the Arrow lodge for Grand Canyon Council. While our council headquarters are in Phoenix, we have roughly 1600 members making us one the largest in the country both in membership and geographically.
- Camp Geronimo - 200 acre pine forest camp located north of Payson at the base of the magnificent Mogollon Rim. Over 5,000 acres of ponderosa pine forest surround the camp. Camp Geronimo is a year-round facility. In addition to the Boy Scout summer camp program, Camp Geronimo hosts a number of events ranging from unit courses and district events.
- Camp Raymond - 30 miles southwest of Flagstaff . Situated along the northern edge of the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Area, Camp Raymond occupies more than 160 acers of ponderosa pine and scub oak forest. Camp Raymond offers an adventure program that a Scout will not soon forget.
- R-C Scout Ranch (AKA: Camp Theodore Roosevelt) - located east of Payson, along the banks of Christopher Creek, R-C Scout Ranch occupies 75 acres of tall , cool ponderosa pine. R-C Scout Ranch is home to the council's Cub Scout resident camp.
- Heard Scout Pueblo - at the base of South Mountain, with 120 acres including trails back into the mountain.The Heard Scout Pueblo is home to the council's Day Camp, summer and winter.
- Lake Pleasant Camp - this aquatics base is secluded on a hillside of pristine Sonoran desert located at the Desert Outdoor Center on the east side of lake Pleasant, 20 miles northwest of the Valley. The scenic lake and majestic mountains provide a beautiful backdrop for all the exciting activities packed into this day camp.