|Sequoyah Council #713|
|Location||129 Boone Ridge Drive, Johnson City, TN 37615|
The Johnson City Council #559 was founded in 1919 in Johnson City, Tennessee. It changed its name several times: to the Washington County Council in 1922, to the Appalachian Council in 1925, and to the Cherokee Area Council also in 1925. Across the border in Virginia, the Chief Benge Council #713, in Bristol, Virginia was founded in 1925. In 1929, the Chief Benge Council and the Cherokee Area Council merged to form the Chief Benge-Cherokee Council #713, headquartered in Bristol, VA. In 1936, the merged council changed its name to Sequoyah. The council moved its headquarters back to Johnson City, TN, but kept the #713 council number, despite the headquarters city and state change.
- Breaks District District - Buchanan, Dickenson and Russell County, Virginia
- Buffalo Mountain District - Johnson City, and Washington, Carter and Unicoi County, Tennessee
- Nolachuckey District - Greene, Hancock and Western Hawkins County, Tennessee
- Overmountain District - Bristol, Tennessee/Virginia, Sullivan and Johnson County, Tennessee, and Washington and Smyth County, Virginia
- Wilderness Road - Lee, Scott, Wise County, Virginia, the City of Kingsport, and portions of Sullivan, Hawkins and Washington County, Tennessee
The council is served by Sequoyah Lodge 184 of the Order of the Arrow.