Policy suggestion about imports from Wikipedia
To make it simple to see when a page, that was imported from Wikipedia, was cross-checked, there should be something to make it easy to see the Wikipedia revision that was cross-checked, perhaps a template on the talk page. Juham 15:00, 7 January 2008 (EET)
- Hi Juham,
- I will be putting a template in place over the next few days. This sort of question should go to our "Village Pump", but as it isn't set up yet, well done for posting here! Why don't you vote for the VP on the talk page?
- BG7 20:43, 7 January 2008 (EET)
Can someone upload this image?
It seems that you're advising your users to create news pages so that the page name starts with ”News” prefix. Do you want this to be handled as a separate namespace? That enables you to search only from news, clears up the structure and the discussion pages are named properly (Talk:News:Blah vs. News talk:Blah). I'd recommend this. --ZeiP 15:12, 3 February 2008 (EET)
- Yes, that would help! (BTW can discussions such as this PLEASE go to the Camp Fire? I didn't set it up for nothing...
- BG7 15:16, 3 February 2008 (EET)
How to start new Language version? Please help me.
Hello. My name is Jan Pospisil, my scout name is Eifel. I am ready to translate to/from Czech, English, Esperanto, Slovak (and later also Spanish) languages. I would like to start with a new Czech wiki - please, can anybody create the new main pagxe, which I am going to translate into Czech? There are hundreds of articles in English to be translated to Czech (and to Esperanto). I am ready to work.--Jan Pospisil 22:13, 24 March 2008 (EET)
- Hello Jan,
- To start a new ScoutWiki, you will need to speak to one of the "owners", Akela NDE, Cedsib and a few others. In the meantime you are welcome to use the en wiki to build up your own, just please categorise all the pages with Category:CzechWiki or similar, and use a language prefix (cz:?).
- If you have more questions, please contact me on my talk page, or use The Camp Fire.
- BG7 11:50, 25 March 2008 (EET)
Hello. My name is Aleksander Matsiyevskyy, my scout name is BigFox. I am ready to translate to/from Ukrainian, English, Russian, Polish (and later also Spanish) languages. I would like to start with a new Ukrainian wiki - please, can anybody create the new main page, which I am going to translate into Ukrainian? There are one scoutportal and few pages are into ukrainian languages . I am ready to work.--Aleksander Matsiyevskyy 22:13, 17 april 2009 (EET)
- Starting an Ukrainian Scoutwiki is no problem, but we must be sure that the wiki will be active. People must regularly write articles and the wiki must be maintained: spam removed, spell checked, redirects and categories made, layout improved etc. We saw you are the the president of one of the Ukrainian Scouting organisations, that is no problem. But an Ukrainian Scoutwiki must be open for all Ukrainian speaking Scouts, you must be willing to allow members from other Scouting organisations to write about their interpretation of Scouting. --Egel 16:38, 17 April 2009 (UTC)