ScoutWiki:Camp Fire/District Fayre
This is one of the Camp Fire pages. We use them to discuss the technical issues, policies, and operations of Scout Wiki. The Camp Fire is divided into sections covering these different aspects, but if you can't decide which to use, try The Tent. Please sign and date your posts (by typing ~~~~ at the end).
What does everyone think of a weekly newsletter, detailing what went on during the week, and (possibly) big events at other languages, aswell as the IRC, forum etc, as not everyone uses them!
Help with setting up templates, categories & help documents
It appears that ScoutWIki is still in its early stages. If no-one has any objections, I'll dive in over the next few weeks and start working on some of the basic scaffolding for the wiki, such as templates, categories and help documents. -- Millsy 00:28, 27 March 2008 (EET)
- Hi Millsy, and welcome to the wiki!
- My name is Bluegoblin7 and I am the main (and only) english speaking (as a first language) admin on the wiki. I helped start this place from tatters! (As did Bduke (talk · contribs) and Ericblazek (talk · contribs) on the article side!)
- All of what you say is vitally important to the wiki, but for the time being I would like to concentrate on getting a community in place!
- Therefore, what I propose is that we work on getting all the categories linked up into a proper tree, making sure that all articles have cats, and also brining in templates and images from what we actually need. Once that is done, other temps can come next, with help being the last thing. As currently there are ~2 active users other than myself, and we all have wiki knowledge, it would be wasted, also with the fact that IP editing is disabled. If a user needs help then they can ask (they will be directed to do so via a MediaWiki message I am working on...)
- Also, we don't want helpt to be overly complicated like Wikipedia: short, sweet and simple. We have the Camp Fire, so all we need is a tutorial and help desk I reckon!
- If you have more qs, please ask me!
- BG7 11:35, 27 March 2008 (EET)
In the equipment section, (which i'm slowly trying to sort out), there are several pages for various equipment manufacturing companies. Do we really need them? They are not epecially relavent to scouting, so do they really each deserve their own page as is the case now, or would it be better to get rid of the pages, and redirect the links to the relavent wikipedia entries?