Prayer for Scouting
Should you pray for Scouting when working on your Duty to God?
Suggestions for working your Duty to God:
- Pray for the success of the scouting program in your home or community.
- Pray for the safety of your scouts and leaders.
- Pray for wisdom for your scouts to do the right thing.
- Pray for the families of your community to have the desire to participate in the scouting program.
- Pray for your scouts to have the ability and opportunity to invite their friends.
- Pray for your scouts to learn and live daily each of the principles of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Pray for wisdom for your unit, district, council and national scout leaders.
- Pray for your scouts to learn to love scouting.
- Pray for inspiration and wisdom to improve the program in your scout unit.
- Pray to be a better scout yourself.
- Pray for your scouts to better know and understand their God.
- Pray for scouts to be protected from evil influences.
- Pray for an opportunity to "Do A Good Turn" today.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving
And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments. [D&C 59:21]
- Thanks for Sir Robert Baden-Powell and all of the other early founders for their vision and desire to establish the scouting program.
- Thanks for all those who have been inspired to donate or contribute to the success of the scouting program.
- Thanks for the many positive learning and serving experiences gained daily through scouting.
Points to Ponder:
- What means the scripture: "For God so loved the world..."? (John 3:16)
- What means the scripture: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God..."? (James 1:5)
- What means the scripture: "Ask and ye shall receive..."? (Matthew 7:7-8)
- What means the scripture: "and pray one for another ... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."? (James 5:16)