New Scout Welcome Kits
New Scout Welcome Kit (Boy Scouts of America)
Attached are official and sample customized documents to deliver to new scouting families at either your new family orientation night or later throughout the year:
Sample Scout Unit Welcome Kit
The new family Welcome Kit can be quickly prepared on Powerpoint and printed to paper, but if is a lot cheaper if you can send it out digitally. Just copy each of the files here on to a page at PowerPoint:
- Cover page featuring unit emblem
- Welcome Letter :
- "One Sheet" - Front : Unit Contact Information & Schedule & Fees List (See below)
- "One Sheet" - Back : Year at a Glance Calendar (Save the Date for major adventure outings meetings)
- Scout Oath & Law
- Mission of Scouting
- Advancement Guide 1
- Advancement Guide 2
- Get Scout Life
- Patches Placement Chart
- Does your scout unit have a custom welcome patch for the Den, Pack or Charter Org?
- Does your scout unit have a new member activity shirt or pack item?
- Pack Volunteer Positions
- Adult Training
- Scout Unit: Location Rules
- Scout Unit: Policies & Guidelines
- Flyer : The Many Benefits of Scouting
- Welcome Flyer from Council - Sample Highlights of local scouting programs, camps and partnerships.
Common Scouting Forms
All scout/family forms needed for the scouting year
- BSA Health Form: BSA Health forms
- BSA Adult Applications: (Note: Online registration can be quicker and easier now).
- BSA Youth Applications: (Note: Online registration can be quicker and easier now).
- Media Photo Release Form -
- Getting to Know You Form: Introduce your child
- Parent Talent Survey : (one for each parent/guardian)
- Pack business cards for friend recruitment leads : "Invite a Friend".
- Pack calendar for 1-2 months
Scout Unit One Sheet
Each year the typical scout unit creates an annual plan covering basic leadership positions, calendar of events, scheduling, fees, etc. It is strongly recommended to put this on to a two page flyer (front/back) that can be easily distributed to all scout families and new families at the start of the year. This helps them to block out key dates on their family calendar.
Getting Started Video Links
Some cool video links that for join night or to email new scout families that easily explain the program:
- Welcome to Cub Scouting - BSA Communications (YouTube)
Main Article: Recruitment Resources Hub
- BSA Marketing Brand Center
- Update Unit BeAScout Pin: - During recruitment it will be easier to point new signups to the online registration link at BeAScout.org. Only a member of the Unit Key3 can edit this item, however, it should prominently display a email to your unit recruiter/new member coordinator. Also link it to a digital online recruitment flyer (using your website).
- Council Resourse Room: Usually a giant library of lots of free promotional material shipped to each council from National.
- Lots of credit for the forms and material here, (Cub Pack new family Welcome Kit) goes out to Pack 456 Committee Chair: Krista Theofilos.