Los Padres Council
|Los Padres Council #053|
|Location||4000 Modoc Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93110|
The Los Padres Council was founded in 1917 as the Santa Barbara Council. The Santa Barbara Council changed its name in 1929 to the Mission Council and stayed that way until 1994. In 1994, the Santa Lucia Area Council merged with the Mission Council to form the Los Padres Council. The Santa Lucia Area Council (#056) was founded in 1933, as the San Luis Obispo County Council. The Central Coast Counties council (#025), founded in 1922 merged into Santa Barbara in 1924
- Cachuma District - Serving the Communities in the Santa Ynez Valley: Solvang - Buellton - Santa Ynez - Los Olivos - Ballard
- Camino Real District - San Luis Obispo, Arroyo Grande/5 Cities Area, Los Osos, Morro Bay, and Nipomo.
- Del Norte District -Paso Robles, Atascadero, Cambria, Templeton, Santa Margarita, and Creston.
- Live Oak District -Communities of Santa Maria, Lompoc, Orcutt, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Guadalupe,
- South Coast District -Carpinteria, Goleta, Montecito, & Santa Barbara.
- Rancho Alegre - Primary camping facility of Los Padres Council. Includes Lifeguard Academy, Outdoor School and a complete scouting summer program. Open Year round, it is located in wooded oak foothills of the Santa Ynez Mountain Range of the Los Padres National Forest, at 2,000 feet elevation and covers 225 acres with areas having an inspiring view across the valley and Lake Cachuma.
Order of the Arrow