Kuwait Girl Guides Association
The Kuwait Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is the national Guiding organization of Kuwait. The association has 9,715 members (as of 2003). Founded in 1957, the girls-only organization became a full member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) in 1966.
|Kuwait Girl Guides Association|
Kuwait Girl Guides Association|
Kuwait Girl Guides Assocation
Girls are organised into groups by age, as in other Guiding and Scouting organisations. Brownies are between age 7 and 11. Girl Guides are between age 12 and 16. Senior Girl Guides are between age 17 and 23.
Promise and Law
The Brownie promise is:
- I promise to do my best in carrying out my duty towards God and my country, and in helping people under all circumstances, especially those at home.
The Brownie law is:
- The Brownie must obey those who are older, must be resolute, must not yield to her whims, must take the Brownie Promise.
The Girl Guide promise is:
- I promise upon my honour to do my best,
- in doing my duty towards God and my country;
- in helping people under all circumstances;
- in following the Law of the Girl Guides.
The Girl Guide law is:
- The honour of the Girl Guides is faith and confidence.
- The Girl Guide is sincere towards her country, her parents, her seniors and her juniors.
- The Girl Guide should be useful to herself and to others.
- The Girl Guide is the friend to all and sister to every other Girl Guide.
- The Girl Guide is of good character.
- The Girl Guide is kind to animals.
- The Girl Guide sincerely obeys her parents, the head of her division and the leaders of her group.
- The Girl Guide smiles in the face of trouble and faces it with patience and steadfastness.
- The Girl Guide is thrifty.
- The Girl Guide is pure-hearted, decent in word and generous in deed.
|Members of the Arab Region of WAGGGS|
Full members: Bahrain | Egypt | Jordan | Kuwait | Lebanon | Libya | Oman | Qatar | Sudan | Tunisia | United Arab Emirates | Yemen