Federação de Bandeirantes do Brasil
The Federação de Bandeirantes do Brasil (FBB, Girl Guide Federation of Brazil) is the national Guiding organization of Brazil. It serves 6,201 members (as of 2003). Founded in 1919, the coeducational organization became a full member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1930.
|Federação de Bandeirantes do Brasil|
Girl Guide Federation of Brazil
|National President||Maria Luiza Mury Alves|
The association is divided in five sections according to age:
- Ciranda (Brownies) - ages 6 to 8
- B1 (Guides) - ages 9 to 11
- B2 (Guides) - ages 12 to 15
- Guia (Guides) - ages 15 to 21
- Leaders - ages 21 ans older
I promise, on my honour, to do my best to:
Be loyal to God and my country,
Help other at any occasion and
Obey the Guiding Law.
- Is trustworthy.
- Is loyal and respects truth.
- Helps others on all occasion.
- Esteems and cherishes friendship.
- Is kind and courteous.
- Sees God in creation and protects nature.
- Knows how to obey.
- Faces all difficulties cheerfully.
- Uses resources wisely.
- Acts, thinks, and is coherent with moral values.
|Members of the Western Hemisphere Region of WAGGGS|
Full members: Antigua and Barbuda | Argentina | Bahamas | Barbados | Belize | Bolivia | Brazil | Canada | Chile | Colombia | Costa Rica | Dominican Republic | Ecuador | El Salvador | Guatemala | Guyana | Haiti | Honduras | Jamaica | Mexico | Netherlands Antilles | Panama | Paraguay | Peru | Saint Lucia | Saint Vincent and the Grenadines | Trinidad and Tobago | United States of America | Venezuela