Virtual Field Trip Planning Guide
*** Activities for the Youth Lead Patrol ***
- Scouts may never add or subtract from the actual merit badge requirements
- This Planner is only a suggestion of different ideas to make working this Merit Badge both fun and easy.
- While doing the Worksheet is not a requirement for earning this badge, in many cases it can help you learn key concepts and track your progress.
Patrol Method Merit Badge Planning Guide for a scouting Virtual Field Trip
This is a special category created for the 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic to help guide scouts and their families to those merit badges that can be effectively in a virtual class-room field trip environment.
- Never be a one-to-one virtual session, always include a scout buddy or older family member to join your session.
- Almost every merit badge includes a significant amount of discussion. A Merit Badge class should not have more than 12 scouts. Otherwise the discussion sections could take a really, really long time.
- Get approval from your scout leader ahead of time to discern the good classes from the poorly organized ones.
- See Also Scout On Through Covid-19 for more ideas on scouting during the great pandemic of 2020.