Scouts Association of Malaysia Act 1974
The Scouts Association of Malaysia Act 1974 (or "Act 143" for short) is an official Act of the Malaysian parliament. It regulates specific aspects of the Persekutuan Pengakap Malaysia, the Malaysian scouts organisation for boys and girls. The act aimed at changing the name of the Boy Scouts Association of Malaysia, to provide the penalty for any of the offences provided therein and to provide for matters incidental thereto. It is dated from 23 August 1974. BE IT ENACTED by the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong with the advice and consent of the Dewan Negara and Dewan Rakyat in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
- Short title:
- 1. This Act may be cited as the Scouts Association of Malaysia Act 1974.
- Change of name of Association:
- 2. (1) The Boy Scouts Association of Malaysia incorporated under subsection 3(1) of the Scouts Association of Malaysia (Incorporation) Act 1968 [Act 409] (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) shall after the commencement of this Act be known as the Scouts Association of Malaysia and all references in that Act and in any other written law to the Association shall be construed accordingly.
- 2. (2) Nothing in this Act shall affect the validity or effect of any action, proceeding, conveyance, transfer, deed, transaction or act of any kind bona fide taken, entered into or done before the coming into force of this Act by or against or in the name or on behalf of the Boy Scouts Association of Malaysia.
- New section 13A:
- 3. The Boy Scouts Association of Malaysia (Incorporation) Act 1968 is amended by inserting immediately after section 13 a new section 13A as follows:
- Penalty 13A. Any person contravening any of the provisions of this Act shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month.