Scouting and Guiding in Missouri
Scouting in Missouri has a long history, from the 1910s to the present day, serving thousands of youth in programs that suit the environment in which they live.
Early history (1910-1950)
The 1938 National Order of the Arrow Lodge Meeting was held at Irondale, Missouri.
Recent history (1950-1990)
Boy Scouting in Missouri
There are six Boy Scouts of America local councils in Missouri.
- Great Rivers Council
- Greater Saint Louis Area Council
- Heart of America Council
- Mississippi Valley Council
- Ozark Trails Council
- Pony Express Council
Girl Scouting in Missouri
There are nine Girl Scout council offices in Missouri.
- Girl Scouts of The Becky Thatcher Area, Inc., Hannibal, MO http://www.gsbta.org
- Girl Scouts - Cotton Boll Area Council, Inc., Dexter, MO http://www.cottonbollgirlscouts.org
- Girl Scouts of Dogwood Trails Council, Inc., Springfield, MO http://www.dogwoodtrails.org
- The Girl Scout Council of Greater Saint Louis, Saint Louis, MO http://www.gscgsl.org
- Girl Scouts - Heart of Missouri Council, Inc., Jefferson City, MO, http://www.gshomc.org
- Girl Scouts of Mid-Continent Council, Inc., Kansas City, MO http://www.girlscoutsmcc.org
- Midland Empire Girl Scout Council, Saint Joseph, MO http://www.girlscoutsme.org
- Girl Scouts of Otahki Council, Cape Girardeau, MO http://www.girlscoutsotahki.org
- Girl Scout Council of The Ozark Area, Joplin, MO http://www.girlscoutsozark.org
Scout Activity by County