Scout Leader Training (BSA)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Don't be overwhelmed by your new scouting assignment. There are lots of BSA Training Resources available. These include the following to help you "Be Prepared" for scouting success:
- Scout Leader Basic Training: Having a rich understanding of the program will greatly enhance your success as a unit recruiter. This section provides a variety of materials, from quick references to complete courses, all designed to help our members improve leadership skills and deliver a quality program.
- Youth Protection Training: - BSA is the worldwide leader in developing guidelines to serve and protect our youth. Be familiar with YPT.
- University of Scouting: Most BSA Council's hold an annual event on scouting best practices. Several of these courses focus on recruiting strategies unique for your community.
- Scout Training on YouTube - Many scouters share tricks of their scoutcraft in online video series.
- Attend Wood Badge: This advance adult scouting leadership training course will give you some awesome skills to greatly enhance your success as a unit recruiter.
- Attend District Membership Committee: get update info on recruitment events, ongoing training, opportunities and best practices in your area.
- District Roundtable - get update info on recruitment events and opportunities in your area. Several times a year they have recruitment refresher sessions and updated recruitment collateral.
- Pack and Den Recruiting: - ScoutingWire Special Training Feature
- How to Win Friends & Influence People - by Dale Carnegie.
- Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don't Matter - By Scott Adams. Excellent Persuasion skills is necessary quality for any master recruiter.