Rancho Coastal District (San Diego-Imperial Council)
Rancho Coastal District, a district of the San Diego-Imperial Council serves Boy Scouts in the cities of Del Mar, Encinitas, and Carlsbad in North County San Diego. (Est. July 2016)
District Roundtable meets on the 2nd Thursday each month 7PM at the Encinitas LDS Church (1444 Lake Dr, Encinitas). Roundtable provides supplemental training for volunteers at the unit level. The objectives of roundtables are to provide leaders with program ideas, information on policy and events, training opportunities, and an enhanced network of contacts and other resources while also providing unit leaders with a voice in formulating direction at the district level.
- RanchoCoastal.SDICBSA.org - Official District Website
- SDIC Training Overview- RSVP 15-60 days in advance for any training session. Contact your district training leader for more info.
2018 Upcoming Events
- 10-Feb-2018 : North County Scout Training Day
- 17-Mar-2018 : Troop 747 Merit Badge Workshop
- Apr 20-22 : Rancho Coastal District Camporee - Lake O'Neill
- 12-May-2018 : District Dinner
- June 25-29 : Cub Day Camp
- 30-Jun-2018 : Cub Scout Super Training Day
- 06-Oct-2018 : North County Mega Training Day
2019 Upcoming Events
- 09-Feb-2019 : North County Scout Training Day
- 13-May-2018 : District Dinner
- 29-Jun-2019 : Cub Scout Super Training Day
- 05-Oct-2019 : North County Mega Training Day
2020 Upcoming Events
- 14-Feb-2020 : North County Scout Training Day
- 08-May-2018 : District Dinner
- 27-Jun-2020 : Cub Scout Super Training Day
- 03-Oct-2020 : North County Mega Training Day
Visit the District Roundtable (above) to get more information about these and other scouting units in this area.
The Rancho Coastal District covers the following ZIP codes: 92007, 92008, 92009, 92010, 92011, 92014, 92024, 92067, 92075, 92091, 92130 (N of SR-56). All units in Carlsbad Unified School District fall under Rancho Coastal District.
Cub Scout Packs
- Pack 703 - LDS Cardiff Ward - (LDS Scouting) - Encinitas
- Pack 706 - LDS Carlsbad 1st Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Pack 707 - LDS La Costa Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Pack 716 - LDS Carlsbad 3rd Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Pack 717 - LDS Del Mar Ward (LDS Scouting) - Del Mar
- Pack 719 - LDS Carmel Valley Ward (LDS Scouting) - Del Mar
- Pack 720 -
- Pack 724 - LDS Rancho Carrillo Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Pack 730 - LDS Encinitas Ward (LDS Scouting) - Del Mar
- Pack 731 -
- Pack 732 - LDS Carlsbad 4th Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Pack 750
- Pack 751
- Pack 765
- Pack 766
- Pack 767
- Pack 770 - Carlsbad Firefighters Association Local 3730 -
- Pack 772 - American Legion Post 416 - Pack 772 supports boys largely from Encinitas and La Costa (including schools: OPE, La Costa Heights, Capri, Ocean Knoll and Paul Ecke.) - Olivenhain Meeting Hall in Encinitas
- Pack 774 - San Dieguito UMC (Methodist Scouting)- This Pack strives to introduce boys to the Core Values of Scouting through fun, safe activities such as the Pinewood Derby, overnight camping trips, Beach Clean-Up and Picnic Day, and Scouting for Food.
Boy Scout Troops
- Troop 703 - LDS Cardiff Ward - (LDS Scouting) - Encinitas
- Troop 706 - LDS Carlsbad 1st Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Troop 707 - LDS La Costa Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Troop 708 - Salvation Army- Oceanside Corps - This troop has an active program that combines advancement, service and outdoor activities. Recent activities include time in the Sierras, Camp Emerson, Palomar Mountain, Joshua Tree and even some Kern River backTrooping.
- [Troop 713] - Rotary Club of Del Mar - Meets weekly at St. Peter's Episcopal Church
- Troop 716 - LDS Carlsbad 3rd Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Troop 717 - LDS Del Mar Ward (LDS Scouting) - Del Mar
- Troop 719 - LDS Carmel Valley Ward (LDS Scouting) - Del Mar
- Troop 724 - LDS Rancho Carrillo Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Troop 730 - LDS Encinitas Ward (LDS Scouting) - Del Mar
- Troop 732 - LDS Carlsbad 4th Ward (LDS Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Troop 745 - St. Michael's by-the-Sea Episcopal Church - meets weekly at the Carlsbad Scout House in Holiday Park. This troop was founded many years ago by long time scouter Al DeWeiss.
- Troop 748 - St. Patrick Catholic Church (Catholic Scouting) - Carlsbad
- Troop 750 - St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church (Catholic Scouting)- Carlsbad
- Troop 765 - St Therese of Carmel Church (Catholic Scouting) - Carmel Valley
- Troop 766 - Village Presbyterian Church - Rancho Santa Fe
- Troop 767 - LDS Olivenhain Ward (LDS Scouting) - Rancho Santa Fe
- Troop 776 - Saint John The Evangelist Church Catholic Scouting - Encinitas CA
- Troop 777
- Troop 782
- Troop 784
- Troop 2000
Venturing hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
- Crew 42 - VFW Post 5431 - Carlsbad Scout House in Holiday Park
- Crew 774 - San Dieguito UMC (Methodist Scouting)-
Exploring Posts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
- Post 120 - San Diego Aviation Explorers (Palomar Airport) "Let your interest in aviation take off with Exploring"
- Post 3141 - Maker Movement Explorers - Open Source Maker Labs - Monthly STEM Projects include designing, building and operating drones, catapults, railguns and more. Learn how to use CAD and additive manufacturing tools and focus on STEM competitions (underwater robotics, hackathons, etc).
Sea Scouts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
- Oceanside Harbor Days (2nd Weekend in Sept - Popular Sea Scout Activity) - With Nail and Sail, three-member teams have two and a half hours to build a boat from scratch that they will race across the harbor, around a buoy and return to the dock. All they have to work with are three 8-foot sheets of plywood, about 40 feet of framing boards, nails and caulk supplied by Harbor Days’ organizers – the Oceanside Chamber of Commerce. No power tools are allowed. They can’t bring duct tape or other outside supplies.
San Diego-Imperial Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Mataguay Scout Camp - Traditional wilderness camp and primary outdoor learning center of the council located in the mountains near Lake Henshaw. Their summer camp program is one of the few BSA facilities to feature glider flights and mountain biking courses. Shooting sports center is also most popular here.
- Fiesta Island Youth Aquatic Center - Sailing, oceanography, boating, surfing, kayaking, swimming and other aquatic activities are featured parts of this bayfront summer camp located in San Diego's famous Mission Bay Park.
- Camp Balboa - Cub Scout Activity and camping center located in downtown San Diego adjacent to Balboa Park and the World Famous San Diego Zoo. Includes full size swimming pool.
More local area camping opportunities can be found at the following:
- Cleveland National Forest - many campgrounds and hiking trails
- San Diego Beach Camping - camping next to the ocean is pretty cool.
- San Diego County Parks - 9 parks with campgrounds and hiking trails, 12 historical/cultural sites and 15 sports parks.
- Imperial County Parks
- USS Midway Museum - youth groups can sleep overnight on this historic aircraft carrier / national landmark and learn all about military aviation, radio electronics and much more.
This district is part of The San Diego-Imperial Council, headquartered in San Diego, California, and serves youth members and volunteer leaders through Scout units in San Diego and Imperial counties of Southern California, as well as a small portion of Southwest Arizona. It is a local council (#049) of the Boy Scouts of America. All youth are invited to join scouting.