Orange County Council
|Orange County Council #039|
|Location||1211 East Dyer Road, Santa Ana, CA 92705|
Founded in 1920 as the Orange County Council, the council was formed by the merger of the North Orange Council (#037) and the Orange Empire Council (#039) in 1972. The North Orange Council was founded in 1944 as the Northern Orange County and changed its name to North Orange in 1965.
See also : OCC District Map
- Canyons District - Orange, Tustin, Anaheim Hills
- Del Mar District - Coasta Mesa, Newport Beach
- El Camino Real District -Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente,
- El Capitan District - Anaheim & Garden Grove & Stanton
- Los Amigos District - Fullerton
- Orange Frontier District - Seal Beach, Cypress , Buena Park -
- Pacifica District - Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley
- Portola District -Yorba Linda & Brea
- Rancho San Joaquin District - Irvine
- Saddleback District -Lake Forest, Mission Viejo
- Santa Ana District - Santa Ana
- Schoepe Scout Reservation at Lost Valley - boy scout summer camp program and desert hi-adventure programs.
- Newport Sea Base - maritime aquatic center located in Newport Harbor serves a variety of ocean adventure programs and is home to two sea scout ships.
- Camp Oso Lake - surrounded by O’Neill Regional Park and features a 100-acre lake.
- Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center - operates overnight educational programs for all youth in the region at Irvine Regional Park.
Former Council Camps
- Camp RoKiLi, at Barton Flats (closed)
- White's Landing (closed)
- Rancho Las Flores at Camp Pendelton (closed)
- Camp Myford, Irvine (closed)
Order of the Arrow
- Orange County - 1910 to 1929
- Hook, James; Franck, Dave; Austin, Steve (1982). An Aid to Collecting Selected Council Shoulder Patches with Valuation. http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/patch/cspbook.html.