Las Vegas Area Council
|Las Vegas Area Council #238|
|Location||7220 South Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119|
Formerly Boulder Dam Area Council, Las Vegas Area Council serves Scouts in Nevada, California and Arizona. The Boulder Dam Area Council (#328) was started in 1944 with fewer than 500 youth. The former council offices were in cramped spaces on the UNLV campus, but in 2002 they moved into the new facility. The Donald W. Reynolds Scouting Resource Center was dedicated on Friday, May 3, 2002. The new facilities are located at 7220 South Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119. The name of the council was changed to the Las Vegas Area Council in 2005. It currently serves youth in Clark and Nye counties of southern Nevada, southeastern California, and western Arizona.
- Anasazi District - Logandale Region
- Bighorn District - in northwest section of Las Vegas, Mt. Charleston and Red Rock Canyon
- El Dorado District - Henderson, Boulder City, Lake Las Vegas.
- London Bridge District - Lake Havasu City AZ, Parker AZ, Needles CA.
- Mojave District - Mohave County AZ including Kingman AZ and Camp Levi-Levi
- North Star District - North Las Vegas
- Silverado District - South Las Vegas and Green Valley
- Spring Mountain District - Southwest corner of Las Vegas.
- Sunhawk District - East Las Vegas and Sunrise Mountain
- Virgin River Valley District - Virgin River Valley - NE Arizona
- Kimball Scout Reservation —traditional scout summer camp that resembles a wild west mining town. It is located at the base of Mount Potosi which is about 20 degrees cooler than Las Vegas, 40 miles away.
- Del Webb High Adventure Base —located in the pines and aspens above Kolob Reservoir and Zion National Park in southern Utah
- Camp Levi-Levi —located in the Hualapai Mountains southeast of Kingman, Arizona
Order of the Arrow
Nebagamon Lodge 312 - Order of the Arrow - Fire on the Water. OA service, activities, adventures, and training for youth and adults are models of quality leadership development and programming that enrich and help to extend Scouting to America's youth.