Jump to navigation Jump to search
Community Service is frequently a great example of the best of scouting. Local newspapers are always looking for good positive news stories:
- JustServe.org #1 - Post your Projects - Post all unit serve projects on JustServe and invite the public to join you there. Invite Community to Service Projects.
- JustServe.org #2 - Help on other Community Projects - Look for service projects in your community that your scout unit can assist with.
- JustServe.org #3 - FHC Indexing - A common ongoing service project is the international family history indexing project at many Family History Center's of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This activity is open to youth as young as age 11 and involves simple reading and data entry skills for as little as one-hour.
- Historic Sites - Service project for local historic sites.
- Eagle Project List - Prepare a list of Eagle Projects ideas that provide maximum visibility in the community.
- Scouting for Food: A great annual event to engage your neighborhood. Contact all your neighbors. Include Scout Unit pass-a-long card.
- Recruitment Resources - Additional info on using service to promote scouting (or vice versa!)