Groups:15th Brighton Scout Group
|15th Brighton Scout Group|
15th Brighton Scout Group
|Sections||Beavers, Cubs, Scouts|
|Location||Brighton, East Sussex|
|District||Brighton & Hove|
|Date Founded||1926 (current numbering from 1946)|
|Website||15th Brighton Scout Group|
A small & friendly group in East Brighton.
The Group has its origins in the "D Brighton Wolf Cub pack" which started in 1926. The numbering has changed over the years - having been the 36th Brighton and then the 5th Brighton, it became the 15th Brighton in 1946 and has kept that number ever since.
Since 1965 the Group has had its own HQ building between Bristol Gate and Manor Road. The first building on the site was opened by the Mayor of Brighton, Alderman D. S. Y. Baker, MBE, JP.
On the 2nd October 1980 a fire broke out and the HQ was almost completely destroyed. An appeal was started, and with help from the local community and Scout family a new HQ building was built. The opening ceremony was performed by J. C. Cuttress, MC, JP, President of the Brighton Scout Council on 31st October 1981.
The group is partnered with the Regency Explorer Scout Unit.