Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam
|Persatuan Pandu Puteri Brunei Darussalam|
|Headed by:||Dayang Hajah Siti Hafsah binti Haji Abdul Halim (Chief Commissioner); Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna (President); Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha (Royal Patron)|
The Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam or Persatuan Pandu Puteri Brunei Darussalam is a Guiding organisation in Brunei. Like all Scouting and Guiding organisations, it aims to develop character in children and young people by following Scouting principles. The Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam is a girls and women only organisation. Founded in 1951, it became a full member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) in 1996.
For Peace Day 2006, the PPP held a fundraising 'Walk for Peace', raising money for the Yogjakarta earthquake appeal, as well as 'Sharing for Peace' a solidarity camp together with Girl Guides from Singapore who visited Brunei Darussalam for six days in September 2006.
Girl Guides and Brownies have featured on two sets of postage stamps issued in Brunei. A set of five stamps celebrates the Guiding movement. Another set, celebrating the International Year Against Drug Trafficking and Abuse, features a Brownie and a Girl Guide on one of the stamps.
- Persekutuan Pengakap Negara Brunei Darussalam, the national Scouting organisation of Brunei
- "Brunei Darussalam". World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. http://www.wagggs.org/en/world/organisations?mo=26. Retrieved 2006-11-07.
- "Girl Scout and Guide Memorabilia Stamps of Brunei". http://scouts.elysiumgates.com/brunei.html. Retrieved 2006-11-07.
- Kon, James (2006-11-04). "Her Majesty lauds Girl Guides' progress". Borneo Bulletin Online. http://www.brunei-online.com/weekend/news/nov4h4.htm. Retrieved 2006-11-07.
- "Online News - Her Majesty underscores devotion and laws of Girl Guide as basis of informal education". http://www.brunei.gov.bn/hotnews/year%202006/1106/04/Her%20Majesty_Girl%20Guide.htm. Retrieved 2006-11-07.
|Members of the Asia Pacific Region of WAGGGS|
Full members: Australia | Bangladesh | Brunei | Republic of China (Taiwan) | Fiji | Hong Kong | India | Japan | South Korea | Malaysia | Maldives | Nepal | New Zealand | Pakistan | Papua New Guinea | Philippines | Singapore | Sri Lanka | Thailand