Do a Good Turn Daily
Do a Good Turn Daily : Scout Motto - This key scouting principle is closely associated with both Scout Law and the Duty to God (Scout Oath) principles of Scouting. It encourages the scout to do his Duty to Fellow Man on a daily basis cheerfully.
The Scout Promise
The exact wording of the Scout Promise varies slightly by country. To see the exact wording for your Scout Movement refer to the article Scout Promise.
Every scout is required to follow the Scout Promise (AKA: Th Scout Oath) which outlines four key principles or duties -
- Duty to God (Scout Oath)
- Duty to Country (or King)
- Duty to Fellow Man
- Duty to Self (ie obey the Scout Law)
- Cheerful Service in the Community - motto of the BSA Order of the Arrow.
- Order of the Arrow - Purpose #4: "Crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others."
- Proverbs about Service - WisdomCommons.org - Exploring, Elevating and Celebrating our Shared Moral Core.
- Lift Where You Stand - Everyone stands at a unique place and has an important task that only he can perform. (Dieter F Uchtdorf - Oct 2008)