Crews, Ships and Posts of California
BSA Scouting - Venturing Crews, Sea Scout Ships and Exploring Postings in California High adventure exchange network.
Some of the most popular activities for older scouts is a combined activity with another unit.
Golden State Jamborees
- California Scouts (Facebook) - Latest news on all sorts of joint activitiews for older scouts in the Golden State. Please "Like" our FB Page today!
- Camp Chesebrough Mountain Man Rendezvous (Sept) - Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council - Annual event for high-adventure troops and crews. 1840’s event emphasizing the lifestyle of the old trapper days. Where else can you shoot black powder rifles, throw tomahawks and knives, and live like a mountain man? Bring: Tents, chairs, candle lanterns, tables, and 1840’s era dress and camp equipment for judging.
- Long Beach Invitational Regatta (3rd Weekend in March?) - Long Beach Area Council Sea Scouts sponsors this unique test of sailing and navigational skills.
- Mataguay International Camporee (3rd Weekend in May) - This is a unique weekend event sponsored by San Diego-Imperial Council. Every year over 1000 participants come to Mataguay Scout Ranch from the United States, Mexico and other countries. The International Camporee will provide a venue and opportunity for Scouts from all over to meet each other and share their customs, traditions and scouting experiences. (This event is very popular for English and Spanish speaking scouts - bilingual staff operates this camp.)
- Laguna Mountain Rendezvous (Sept)] - (Organizer: Laguna Mountain Shooting Club - Held at Mataguay Scout Ranch. Enjoy an authentic pre-1840s Rocky Mountain Fur Trader’s encampment. Become part of our historic past as part of the Laguna Mountain Rendezvous, the finest mountain man encampment in the Western U.S. You will experience demonstrations of primitive survival skills such as cooking, tool making, tomahawk throwing and black powder target shooting that make this rendezvous an unforgettable experience.
- International Rendezvous (1st Week of August) - RENDEZVOUS 2020 is the 10th "mini-World Jamboree" hosted by Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council. This is your chance to experience the World Brotherhood of Scouting without extensive travel or expense. First, we will spend an exciting and fun-filled week at Camp Hi Sierra, with many special activities. Previous International Rendezvous have been attended by Scouts from Austria, Canada, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Russia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania and Trinidad. In 2020, we expect approximately 150 Scouts (boys and girls) representing 12-14 nations.
- FloatDecorators.com (Lat Dec) - Many Volunteers needed to help decorate floats for the annual Rose Parade in So. Calif.
Venturing Crews of California
BSA Venturing crews typically like to focus on having fun in the outdoors, whether it be hiking, camping, backpacking, rock climbing, rafting, canoeing, caving, or other high adventure activities. Most crews are co-ed units open to young men and women between the ages of 14 - 20. Don't be shy - Reach out and contact each other!
- Western Region Venturing - Check out their monthly newsletter.
- WLACC VOA - Western Los Angeles Area Council
- VenturingFest - Facebook page for VenturingFest
|0007||SDIC||Poway CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0016||SDIC||San Diego CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0027||PSC||San Mateo CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0136||GEC||Sacramento CA||Web||The Zoo Crew - charterd by Sacramento Zoological Society. High Adventure and Service to the Zoo! The Crew for scouts that love animals of all shapes and sizes.|
|0401||SVMBC||Sunnyvale CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0479||SVMBC||Sunnyvale CA||web||High Adventure Treks|
|0494||SVMBC||Cupertino CA||web||High Adventure Treks|
|0566||SVMBC||Saratoga CA||web||High Adventure Treks|
|0580||GEC||Natomas CA||Web||High Adventure, STEM, Sports, Arts and anything Fun!|
|0626||SDIC||Penasquitos CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0651||SDIC||San Marcos CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0709||SDIC||Vista CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|0860||GLAAC||Manhattan Beach CA||VentureCrew860.blogspot.com||High Adventure Treks|
|0985||SDIC||Tierrasanta CA||Web||High Adventure Treks|
|9333||VCC||Frazier Park CA||FB||Summer Crew Staff for Camp Three Falls|
Sea Scout Ships of California
Welcome aboard—to the fun and adventure of Sea Scouts, a program combining the traditions of the past with the technology of the future. Sea Scout units, called “ships,” focus on sailing and cruising either sailboats, power vessels or paddle sports. During the boating season, Sea Scouts learn to maintain and operate vessels, with a focus on learning the safe and proper methods of handling boats. Whether you look to the sea for a career or lifelong hobby, Sea Scouts is for you. To join, you must be 14 years old (or 13 years and completed the eighth grade) but not yet 21.
Sea Scouts are well known for its fleet of larger ex-military craft capable of long cruises on open water, and very large gatherings of its Sea Scouts at competitive regattas, joint-unit long cruises, and social events. But our strength comes from the frequent practice of skills developed by getting on the water as often as possible with smaller boats and applied learning projects. More units are also adding STEM projects, sailing, rowing and paddle sports. The program works best in sustainable balance of traditions, learning, and most importantly, fun.
- WestWind - Western Region Sea Scouts Newsletter
|0001||GYC||Stockton CA||FB||S.S.S. Point Weber -|
|0002||GYC||Modesto CA||[www.ssstuolumne.org Web]
|S.S.S. Tuolumne ' - Ship docked in Stockton, Unit meets in Modesto.|
|0033||PSC||Redwood City CA||Web||S.S.S. Gryphon - Our main vessel is ship T-439, a 65 foot Army transport vessel from the Korean War.|
|0051||PSC||Palo Alto CA||Web||S.S.S. Intrepid - The Olympic Venture is our main vessel. A 95 foot ex-U.S. Coast Guard Cape Class Cutter formerly known as the "Cape Wash" WPB 95310.|
|0052||?||Richmond CA||Web||S.S.S. Northland (male only crew) - They are adjacent to the Red Oak Victory museum ship.|
|0099||GYC||Merced CA||FB||Lake Yosemite Sailing Association|
|0300||SVMBC||San Jose CA||Web / FB||S.S.S. Spartan - chartered by the South Bay Yacht Club, Alviso (San Jose)|
|0550||LBAC||Long Beach CA||Web||S.S.S. Malolo - The Malolo Youth Sailing Association is an aquatic youth program that provides maritime opportunities in sailing, boating, aquatic recreation, marine safety and marine life conservation.|
|0618||GLAAC||Redondo Beach CA||Web||King Harbor Yacht Club|
|0669||SVMBC||Santa Cruz CA||Web||S.S.S. Steeves -built in 1962, a 63 foot Welded Steel Hull Diesel Yacht-Motor Trawler.|
|0711||OCC||Newport Beach CA||Web||S.S.S. Del Mar - Stationed at Newport Beach SeaBase.|
|0753||SDIC||Chula Vista CA||Web||South Bay Sea Scouts|
|0789||SDIC||Camp Pendleton CA||Web||Santa Margarita Yacht Club|
|0936||OCC||Orange County CA||Web||Mariners 936|
|1001||SDIC||Fiesta Island CA||Web||SSS Fiesta Island|
|1886||SDIC||San Diego CA||Web||S.S.S. Astra|
|9201||VCC||Channel Islands Harbor CA||Web||Chartered with the Pacific Corinthian Youth Foundation, famous for its top-notch summer sailing program. Through the PCYF, Ship 9201 has access to a huge fleet of sail boats, kayaks, paddle boards, and water bikes for regular activities and on-the-water fun.|
Explorer Posts of California
Community service, leading people, and exploring careers all fit into our Exploring motto Learning For Life.
- Central Valley Police Explorer's Competition - Annual event each July where some of the top Law Enforcement Explorer Posts come to California's Central Valley. 2018 Winners / FB.
- C.H.P. Explorer Posts - Many post stations around the state. Develop the skills and knowledge needed to serve the people of California through discipline and a commitment to serving their community. Explorers assist the CHP both in office and out in the field. The experience they obtain here will be directly applicable to a future in law enforcement, while building relationships - with other Explorers, in the community they serve, and within the CHP. Explorers receive physical fitness training, medical training, organizational, and clerical training. As an Explorer, you'll attend Community Service events, staff DUI Checkpoints, participate in a ride along in the field, and compete in Explorer Competitions.
- Border Patrol Law Enforcement Explorer Posts -Founded in 1973, is a worksite-based program for young men and women who plan to pursue careers in law enforcement. With more than 700 Explorers, CBP has one of the largest law enforcement Explorer programs in the federal government. The Border Patrol has 28 posts, primarily in Texas, Arizona, and California.
|0120||SDIC||Palomar Airport /
|Web||Palomar Aviation Post #120: Discover many careers of Aviation: including: airline pilots, air traffic controllers, airport managers, airframe & powerplant mechanics, drone operators, private jet services, corporate aviation and military aviation.|
|0241||GYC||Tracy CA||FB||C.H.P. Explorer Post #241 -|
|0357||CIEC||Ontario CA||Ontario Fire Explorer Post #357 A non-funded City-sponsored program that benefits from the use of Ontario Fire Department facilities, equipment, personal protective clothing, donations from fundraising and community service organizations.|
|0558||OCC||California National Guard
Huntington Beach CA
|Web||Post 558 Infantry Explorer's mission is to educate, train and inspire our cadets to help prepare for a career of professional excellence and leadership in a civilian or military profession. Military enlistment is not a requirement to join Post 558.|
|0700||LPC||Lompoc CA||web||Lompoc Police Explorer Post #700 - Explorers participate in many fun and interesting police and civic activities.|
|0884||CIEC||Temecula P.D.||Web||Temecula Police Explorer Post #884: Learn about the criminal justice system, las, police tactics and what it takes to join law enforcement.|
|0911||VCC||Ventura County||Web / FB||VC Medical Explorer Post gives explorers an opportunity to gain medical experience, from emergency medicine to ride alongs in the ambulance. Explorers will experience practicing with faculty members in hospitals, ambulance companies, and more!|
|2328||SDIC||La Mesa CA||Web||The Mission of Heartland Fire & Rescue Explorer Post 2328 is to provide a safe and positive learning environment that exposes all members to the Fire Service fundamentals.|
|2910||VCC||Simi Valley CA||web / FB||Simi Valley Police Explorer Post 2910 - explorers have the ability to attend a modified law enforcement academy, assist the Simi Valley Police Department in various tasks, work community events, attend Explorer Competitions and participate in patrol ride-a-longs.|
|2911||NAC||Susanville CA||web||Susanville Fire Explorer Post #2911 - oldest explorer post in Northern California.|