|Location||Huntington Lake, CA 93634|
Camp Oljato offers a truly memorable outdoor experience for every Scout and provides opportunities for Scouts to learn new skills, earn Merit Badges, and just have fun in a safe, Scout-led environment!
Our Programs include extensive aquatics (sailing, motor boating, paddle boards, water trampoline, log rolling, water skiing & wake boarding, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, rowing, and life saving), rock climbing, handicraft, welding, nature, Scoutcraft, shooting sports, horsemanship, adult leader training, and more.
Transition Program for New Scouts:
Get the scoop on how Scouts BSA works and learn basic skills on your Trail to First Class! The transition program is available during all weeks. You will see it as an option as you sign up for merit badges.
- Located at 7,000 feet in the Sierra Nevada Mountains on the western shore of Huntington Lake
- Holds up to 350 Scouts, adult leaders, and camp staff during each of the six week-long summer sessions.
- 11 hillside troop campsites with platform tents, running water, tables & fire rings
- 3 sets of restrooms & shower buildings located near campsites
- Trading Post, Dining Hall, Health Lodge centrally located
- Newly constructed program structures and areas for Shooting Sports, Welding, Nature, Scoutcraft, Handicraft, and * Waterfront
- Separate areas for shooting sports
This district is part of The Pacific Skyline Council, headquartered in Foster City, California, and serves Scouting members in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties of Southern California, making it one of six such councils in the Greater Bay Area. It is a local council (#031) of the Boy Scouts of America. All youth are invited to join scouting.