Council: Arbuckle Area Council
From Thiessen, Val. "Boy Scouts". Oklahoma Today. pg. 20-23. Vol. 11, No. 3. Summer 1961. http://digital.library.okstate.edu/oktoday/1960s/1961/oktdv11n3.pdf
The early Camp Chapman was named after the rancher who gave the land. Located near Daugherty, it was later repurchased by the Chapman heirs, and a new Scout camp was built south of Ada, at Bromide.
Four pictures taken at Camp Chapman around 1930. The Boy Scout camp was across the Washita River from Dougherty. It was about 1/2 mile west of the river in the mountains. After the camp was closed a new one was built at Camp Simpson.
This picture was taken at Camp Chapman. Ken Wells is on the left. Phleat Boyd, son of Dr. Boyd, is on the right.