Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Names||Bumper knot, Bait loop, Egg loop|
- Cut the line into lengths 6 inches longer than your intended leader length.
- Put end #1 into the eye of the hook from the top
- Hold end #1 against the shaft and wrap 6-8 turns down the shank with line from just above eye
- Pinch the last wrap with your finger tips to keep coils tight
- Grab end #2 and put though the eye of the hook from the shank side until approximately one inch sticks out of the eye
- With the fingers that are holding the line coils around the shank, slide them to also pinch the line from end #2 against the shank
- Grab the line that wrapped coils around shank and wrap four more coils along shank over the top of line end #2 that is pinched against shank
- Keep the coils tight and pull line end #2 until the slack line is taken out of the hook
- For double hooks, slide another hook on the line where you want it, spaced above the first hook. Repeat steps 1-8.
The loop formed within the knot can be loosened, bait can be inserted, and then the loop drawn tight again.