Box Elder Scouting
Scouting Adventures in Box Elder, Utah
Local Scout Units
Visit the District Roundtable (above) to get more information about these and other scouting units in this area.
Cub Scout Packs
Cub Scouts holds weekly activities for youth ages 6-10. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Pack #||Charter Org||Status||Location||Notes|
|[Pack 589]||[Brigham City Community Center]|
Boy Scout Troops
Boy Scouts- Weekly meetings / monthly outtings / annual summer adventure trips. Scouting builds life and leadership skills for boys ages 11-17. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Troop #||Charter Org||Status||Location||Notes|
|Troop 589||[Brigham City Community Center]||Brigham City|
Venturing hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Crew #||Charter Org||Status||Location||Notes|
|Crew 30.06||COR||Venturing Shooting Sports||Cache Valley||Co-ed 14-20 - Venture Crew serving Northern Utah focused on Shooting Sports and Mountain Man adventures welcoming all youth 14-21. Apply now!|
Exploring Posts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Sea Scouts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
|Ship #||Charter Org||Status||Location||Notes|
|Ship 716||Commonwealth Club of Cache Valley||Sea Scouts||Cache Valley||Co-ed 14-20|
- Camp Fife (Trapper Trials Council BSA) - Camp Fife offers a balanced day camp programs for Primary Youth, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts. Situated on 30 acres next to the Bear River, Camp Fife is only 1 hour north of Ogden, Utah, and 25 minutes west of Logan, Utah.
Church Youth Camps
- Camp Utaba - Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, shielded from the harsh clamor of the city by a majestic mantle of pine, is a small retreat area which has been set aside by Utah Association of American Baptists Churches for Worship, Renewal and Revival.
- Hyrum State Park: Consists of 265 acres (1.07 km2) surrounding a 450-acre (1.8 km2) reservoir. The park is used for fishing, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, waterskiing, and swimming. Hyrum State Park's facilities are located at the northern shore of the reservoir, and include 31 RV campsites, restrooms, showers, a ranger station, boat ramp, dock, and trailheads. Fish in the reservoir include yellow perch, channel catfish, rainbow trout, largemouth bass, and bluegill.
- Cache National Forest 533,840-acre area of National Forest System land in Idaho and Utah which was established on July 1, 1908 by the U.S. Forest Service.
- Box Elder Campground is situated next to the town of Mantua and Mantua Reservoir in a pretty mountain valley just 5 miles from Brigham City, Utah. Visitors enjoy boating, fishing and exploring area trails.
- Bear River Bird Refuge - The Wildlife Education Center is open Tuesday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. and Saturdays, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, except Federal holidays. The Auto Tour Route is open daily, sunrise to sunset throughout the year. Birds come to the Refuge by the millions to eat and rest during migration, and many other species stay to breed, nest and raise their young across the Refuge wetlands.
- Golden Spike National Historic Site - One of the greatest technological achievements of the 19th century, the completion of the first transcontinental railroad across the United States. Visitors to the park can see the location of the Last Spike Site, 1869 railroad construction features, walk or drive on the original railroad grade, and get an up close view of Victorian era replica locomotives. Golden Spike is home to two replica steam locomotives and re-enactments of the driving of the last spike.
- Brigham City Museum - The museum is home to a permanent exhibition on the history of Brigham City, and five temporary historical and fine art exhibitions a year. The outstanding collection covers more than 150 years of the history of Box Elder County with more than 10,000 objects. The growing art collection includes more than 300 pieces by outstanding artists.
- Forgotten Warbirds Museum - Forgotten Warbirds strives to locate and restore historical military aircraft to bring their unique stories, relevance and impact to others in an effort to inspire a passion for aviation.
- Brigham City Depot - Railroading Museum - The Brigham City Depot was built in 1906 by the Oregon Short Line, the Golden Spike Association is now the caretaker of the Depot.