Associazione Guide e Scouts Cattolici Italiani
|Associazione Guide e Scouts Cattolici Italiani|
Association of Catholic Guides and Scouts of Italy
|Membership||176.118 (in 2005)|
Maria Teresa Spagnoletti (Chief Guide)|
Eugenio Garavini (Chief Scout)
Paola Stroppiana (President)
Marco Sala (President)
The Associazione Guide e Scouts Cattolici Italiani (AGESCI, Association of Catholic Guides and Scouts of Italy), founded in 1974, is a Catholic Guiding and Scouting association in Italy. AGESCI is coeducational and has more than 170,000 members.
The founders of AGESCI were the Associazione Scout Cattolici Italiani (ASCI, Association of Italian Catholic Scouts, founded in 1916) and the Associazione Guide Italiane (AGI, Association of Italian Guides, founded in 1943).
The association, with Corpo Nazionale Giovani Esploratori ed Esploratrici Italiani, is a member of the Federazione Italiana dello Scautismo, Italy's national member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement and of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
Affiliated to AGESCI are the Südtiroler Pfadfinderschaft, the Catholic Scout association of the German-speaking minority in South Tyrol, and the Slovenska Zamejska Skavtska Organizacija (SZSO) serving Slovenians in Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
There are three age sections in AGESCI:
- Lupetti/Coccinelle (Wolf Cubs or Brownies), aged 8-11/12.
- Esploratori/Guide (Boy Scouts or Girl Guides), aged 11/12-16.
- Rover/Scolte (Rover Scouts or Ranger Guides), aged 16-21.
Each scout group has a "Comunità capi" (leader's community) where all adult leaders belong. It meets quite often (sometimes weekly) to plan all educational activities in the scout group. Its work is driven by a three-year plan. This plan (Progetto Educativo di Gruppo) gives a common thread to the programme of all units, ensuring a common focus across all age ranges.
- "Accordo tra Agesci e Südtiroler Pfadfinderschaft". http://www.agesci.org/mozioni/Mozioni%201974-1983/1979.htm#_Toc67374754. Retrieved 2007-01-08.
- "Memorandum tra AGESCI e SZSO". http://www.fvg.agesci.it/DOWNLOAD/nodino-6-99.zip. Retrieved 2007-01-08.