Asociaţia Ghidelor și Ghizilor din România
|Asociaţia Ghidelor şi Ghizilor din România|
|Affiliation||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts|
The Asociaţia Ghidelor şi Ghizilor din România (AGGR) is the national Guiding organization of Romania. Guiding in Romania began in 1928, was restarted in 1990 and became a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) in 1993. The coeducational organization has 1,000 members (as of 2008).
The first Romanian Guide groups were founded in 1928. The organizer and Chief of the Guides Movement was Princess Ileana, the daughter of Queen Marie. However, activities ceased in 1938 due to political constraints, and contact was lost.
In 1990, after the political change in Romania, a committee was formed to restart Guiding in Romania upon the initiative of members of the Greek Soma Hellinidon Odigon. The Asociaţia Ghidelor şi Ghizilor din România was set up in 1990 and became a corporate body on March 1, 1991. Until 1993, the association was widely supported by WAGGGS representatives and by the Greek Guides.
The AGGR became an associate member of the WAGGGS in 1993, and received full membership in 2005. While working towards full membership, the AGGR started a partnership with the Swiss Guide and Scout Movement.
The AGGR held its first national camp in summer 2006.
Program and ideals
The AGGR's logo is the yellow trefoil.
The association is divided in five age-groups:
- Curcubeu - Rainbows (ages 5 to 7)
- Flori - Flowers (ages 7 to 11)
- Ghizi - Guides (ages 11 to 14)
- Ghizi Mari - Senior Guides (ages 14 to 18)
- Aventurieri - Adventurers (ages 18 to 25)
Guide Promise, Law and Motto
A) Guide Law: 1. Voi respecta intotdeauna adevarul pentru a fi o persoana de onoare; 2. Imi voi asuma responsabilitati in comunitatea in care traiesc; 3. Voi infrunta dificultatile cu optimism; 4. Voi avea incredere in mine si ii voi respecta pe ceilalti; 5. Ii voi ajuta pe ceilalti si voi fi prietena/ul tuturor; 6. Voi proteja mereu natura si viata.
B) Guide Promise: „Promit din tot sufletul sa slujesc pe Dumnezeu*, sa-mi servesc tara si sa respect legea ghizilor“. (*în functie de confesiunea religioasa).
The Guide Motto (Mottoul Ghizilor) is "Fii pregătită" (Be prepared).
Flower Promise, Law and Motto
- Promit din tot sufletul să fiu credincioasă lui Dumnezeu şi ţării, să ajut pe cei din jurul meu şi să respect Legea Florilor.
- I heartly promise to be faithful to God and my country, to help my fellow men and to observe the Flower Law.
- O Floare este veselă şi ascultătoare, nu se gândeşte numai la ea şi îi iubeşte pe ceilalţi.
- A Flower is cheerful and listens well, she doesn't think only of herself, and loves others.
The Flower Motto is "Dă mâna!" (Lend a hand).
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, World Bureau (1997), Trefoil Round the World. Eleventh Edition 1997. ISBN 0-900827-75-0