Amangi Nacha 047
Amangi Nacha Lodge #047, Order of the Arrow:
The Order of the Arrow (OA) is the National Honor Society of the Boy Scouts of America for Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Scouters elected by their fellow Scouts according to OA membership requirements, and inducted into membership by an OA lodge. The OA has been providing cheerful service to others through youth and adult OA members (known as "Arrowmen") in various lodges and councils throughout the USA since July 1915.
Amangi Nacha Lodge was formed in 1993 as the result of the Western Region reorganization and merger of three councils and their OA lodges. Amangi Nacha Lodge serves as Scouting’s National Honor Society for Golden Empire Council. The Lodge has 13 Chapters in 14 Districts serving local communities North from Dixon to Shasta County to the West Plymouth & Nevada City to Woodland.
- AmangiNacha.org - Lodge website.
Golden Empire Council (GEC) (local council #047) of the Boy Scouts of America operates this scouting district. It serves a large section of Northern California, primarily the Sacramento Valley and the northern Sierra Nevada mountains. As of 2017 they serve over 15,000 youth members.
GEC also owns and operates four camp properties:
- Camp Winton - Combination wilderness and aquatic camp featuring overnight canoe treks on Bear River Reservoir in the Central Sierra Nevada mountains. Featuring complete summer camp program.
- Camp Lassen - Overnight horse treks in the Sierra Nevadas.
- Camp Robert Cole - Beautiful High Sierra wilderness adventure camp near Lake Truckee.
- NorCal Adventure Camp - Recently purchased and under development by the council.