San Luis Rey River Bike Trail
San Luis Rey River Bike Trail is a paved path, for bicycle and pedestrian use, that follows the San Luis Rey River in Oceanside, northern San Diego County, California. The 9 miles (14 km) paved class one bike route is an easy and relatively flat and straight ride.
Its entire length is separated from all vehicular transportation, there are no at-grade street crossings, traffic signals, or stop signs along it.
- Birding - The path almost entirely follows the San Luis Rey River (which is pretty interesting right after a major winter storm). Lots of bird species visit or make their home here.
- Camping - The path connects directly to campgrounds at Oceanside Harbor and Guajome County Park.
- Guajome County Park Eastern Trail Terminus - Additional offroad bike trails, nature trails, fishing, camping and hiking.
- Oceanside Harbor Western Trail Terminus - Connection here to the San Diego Coast Bike Trail and Camp Pendleton Bike Trail. Also connects here to the harbor, campgrounds, beaches and the Oceanside Pier and fishing. The beach is home to a variety of scout friendly snack shops and restaurants.
- Sprinter Railline - A very popular activity, ride the bikes from Eastern Oceanside to the Pier and then take the Sprinter Train back to East Oceanside.
- Mission San Luis Rey - Historic landmark, located just off the bike trail at the Douglas Street crossing.
- List of San Diego Bike Paths - Wikipedia