Buena Creek SDIC District
Buena Creek District serves Boy Scouts in the cities of Vista and San Marcos in North County San Diego.
District Roundtable meets on the 2nd Thursday each month at the LDS Church - Melrose Bldg - 7PM. Roundtable provides training, activity updates, and other key resources for local scout leaders and scouting parents.
- Guajome County Park - Largest urban park in North County area is known both for its rich natural habitats (including a small, but beautiful Lake Guajome) and its historic Rancho Guajome Adobe. The adjacent Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum also hosts group scouting camping, Scout Camporees for San Diego-Imperial Council units and the annual kickoff for the Girl Scout Cookie Sales. From Guajome you can follow the 10-mile San Luis Rey River Bike Trail for a flat ride straight to the Pacific Ocean. Also it is the number-one rated bird watching destination in North County.
San Diego-Imperial Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Mataguay Scout Camp - Traditional wilderness camp and primary outdoor learning center of the council located in the mountains near Lake Henshaw. Their summer camp program is one of the few BSA facilities to feature glider flights and mountain biking courses. Shooting sports center is also most popular here.
- Fiesta Island Youth Aquatic Center - Sailing, oceanography, boating, surfing, kayaking, swimming and other aquatic activities are featured parts of this bayfront summer camp located in San Diego's famous Mission Bay Park.
- Camp Balboa - Cub Scout Activity and camping center located in downtown San Diego adjacent to Balboa Park and the World Famous San Diego Zoo. Includes full size swimming pool.
More local area camping opportunities can be found at the following:
- Cleveland National Forest - many campgrounds and hiking trails
- San Diego Beach Camping - camping next to the ocean is pretty cool.
- San Diego County Parks - 9 parks with campgrounds and hiking trails, 12 historical/cultural sites and 15 sports parks.
- Imperial County Parks
- USS Midway Museum - youth groups can sleep overnight on this historic aircraft carrier / national landmark and learn all about military aviation, radio electronics and much more.
This district is part of The San Diego-Imperial Council, headquartered in San Diego, California, and serves youth members and volunteer leaders through Scout units in San Diego and Imperial counties of Southern California, as well as a portion of Arizona. It is a local council (#049) of the Boy Scouts of America located in the state of Arizona and California.