Southbay District (SDIC)
Southbay District, a district of the San Diego-Imperial Council that serves Boy Scouts .
District Roundtable meets on the 2nd Thursday each month 7PM at ____. Roundtable provides supplemental training for volunteers at the unit level. The objectives of roundtables are to provide leaders with program ideas, information on policy and events, training opportunities, and an enhanced network of contacts and other resources while also providing unit leaders with a voice in formulating direction at the district level.
- Southbay.SDICBSA.org - Official District Website
Visit the District Roundtable (above) to get more information about these and other scouting units in this area.
Cub Scout Packs
Cub Scouts holds weekly activities for youth ages 6-10. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Boy Scout Troops
Boy Scouts- Weekly meetings / monthly outtings / annual summer adventure trips. Scouting builds life and leadership skills for boys ages 11-17. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Venturing hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Exploring Posts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Sea Scouts hold weekly activities for youth ages 14-20. Most units are co-ed and have a venturing theme. Contact either the unit or it's sponsor to get more information back in 72 hours.
Parks & Recreation
San Diego-Imperial Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Mataguay Scout Camp - Traditional wilderness camp and primary outdoor learning center of the council located in the mountains near Lake Henshaw. Their summer camp program is one of the few BSA facilities to feature glider flights and mountain biking courses. Shooting sports center is also most popular here.
- Fiesta Island Youth Aquatic Center - Sailing, oceanography, boating, surfing, kayaking, swimming and other aquatic activities are featured parts of this bayfront summer camp located in San Diego's famous Mission Bay Park.
- Camp Balboa - Cub Scout Activity and camping center located in downtown San Diego adjacent to Balboa Park and the World Famous San Diego Zoo. Includes full size swimming pool.
More local area camping opportunities can be found at the following:
- Cleveland National Forest - many campgrounds and hiking trails
- San Diego Beach Camping - camping next to the ocean is pretty cool.
- San Diego County Parks - 9 parks with campgrounds and hiking trails, 12 historical/cultural sites and 15 sports parks.
- Imperial County Parks
- USS Midway Museum - youth groups can sleep overnight on this historic aircraft carrier / national landmark and learn all about military aviation, radio electronics and much more.
This district is part of The San Diego-Imperial Council, headquartered in San Diego, California, and serves youth members and volunteer leaders through Scout units in San Diego and Imperial counties of Southern California, as well as a small portion of Southwest Arizona. It is a local council (#049) of the Boy Scouts of America. All youth are invited to join scouting.