Federation of North-American Explorers
|Federation of North-American Explorers|
|General Commissioner||Paul Ritchi|
|Affiliation||Union Internationale des Guides et Scouts d’Europe|
The Federation of North-American Explorers (FNE) is the North American member association (covering Canada, the United States, and Mexico) of the Union Internationale des Guides et Scouts d’Europe – Fédération du Scoutisme Européen (UIGSE-FSE). It is a Catholic movement with established groups in Canada (since 1999) and the United States (since 2011). There are 23 groups as of June 2015.
The association is divided into four sections according to age:
- Otters (Blue Branch) - ages 7 and 8
- Timber Wolves (Yellow Branch) - ages 8 to 12
- Explorers (Green Branch) - ages 12 to 16
- Wayfarer Explorers (Red Branch) - ages 17 to 26
All units (except sometimes the Otters) are single gender, with male leadership for the boys and female leadership for the girls.
On my honour and with God’s grace, I promise to do my best to serve God, my Church, my country, to help others at all times, and to obey the Explorer law.
- An Explorer’s honour is to be trusted.
- An Explorer is loyal to his country, leaders, parents, and subordinates.
- An Explorer’s duty is to serve others.
- An Explorer is a friend to all and a brother to every other Explorer.
- An Explorer is courteous and chivalrous.
- An Explorer sees in nature God’s creations; he loves plants and animals.
- An Explorer obeys proper orders and leaves nothing half-finished.
- An Explorer smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
- An Explorer is thrifty; he takes care of his own possessions and those of others.
- An Explorer is clean in thought, word, and deed.
- An Explorer’s duty starts at home.
- Faithful to his country, an Explorer favors American unity and brotherhood.
- As a son of Christendom, an Explorer is proud of his faith: he labors to establish the Reign of Christ in all his life and in the world around him.
The Explorer motto is Semper Parati (“Always Prepared” in Latin).
Teach us to be generous,
To serve You as You deserve,
To give without limit,
To fight without care of injury,
To work without looking for rest,
To spend ourselves without waiting for any reward,
Except knowing that we fulfill Your holy will.
Timber Wolf Promise
I promise to do my best to be faithful to God, my country, my parents, to keep the law of the Timber Wolf den, and to do a good turn for somebody every day.
The Law of the Timber Wolf Den
The wolf listens to the old wolves, the wolf respects himself and the other members of the den.
Timber Wolf Pledge
We are the same blood, you and I!
- "Federation of North-American Explorers (FNE) - FNE Explorers Group Directory". http://fneexplorers.com/fne-explorers-group-directory.
- "Federation of North-American Explorers (FNE) - Q and A". http://fneexplorers.com/q-and.
- "The Explorer Promise and the Law". http://www.northstarexplorers.org/about/the-explorer-law/.
- "The Timber Wolf Prayer, the Promise, and the Law". http://www.northstarexplorers.org/about/the-timber-wolf-prayer/.